Monday, November 20, 2017

What Inspires You to Keep Writing Poetry?

Writing poetry is our life's blood; we eat, breathe, and sleep poetry. We share what we love about it, what inspires us, what turns our head, what captures our heart, and what motivates us to keep going, keep allowing our words to flow.

Inspiration for Poetry, photo courtesy of PublicDomainPictures
by CC0 Community
I am a visual person, photos inspire me more than most things. When I am in the flow, I see something that inspires me, I take a photo, and then I write to that photo. It could be the color, the light, the object, the person, that captures my heart and translates to the page.

What inspires you?

What keeps me going, keeps me writing poetry? It is to understand life, to see it through the lens of my words, to see where they will lead.

What keeps you going?

Prompts:

What was the last photo you captured? Write for ten minutes about the photo. What emotion does it convey? What draws you in?

Word Prompts:

Inspiring
flow
capture
camera

Indie poetry book highlight:



Description from Amazon:

inside my anxious mind is a collection of poems, pain i've felt, the horrors of the world i've seen in the past two decades. saving my mental sanity, and urging all readers to protect theirs.

A Review by Eric M from Amazon:
Raw, unedited, unfiltered emotions. A book that is about the realest thing I have read in a long time. If you don't know Ashley by the end of it you will get inside her head and heart. You will get a sense of her journey through life and how everything she had gone through has taken her from surviving to thriving. Sign me up for the next one. 


Follow your words and share your link in the comments below and tell us, what inspires you to keep writing poetry? 


Morgan Dragonwillow, author of Wild Woman Waking & Dancing within Shadow, is a Bodywork transformer, dancing poet, motivator of words, magical instigator and creatrix of #OctPoWriMo & #PoetsonthePage. Collaborate with your soul and get your words on the page. Wild Woman Writing Retreat.
Yes, she is on Google+ too!

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to finish NaNoWriMo before shifting my focus back to poetry. I do enjoy the challenge of writing 50K in 30 days, but I find my attention span is far better suited for writing poetry! Here's my poem for this prompt - https://seekingmeme.wordpress.com/2017/11/30/monoprint/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This prompt was great inspiration for me today. https://experiencewriting.com/2017/12/04/final-days-of-2017-day-4-two-of-one-or-one-of-two/
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete