Monday, October 17, 2016

Poetry Prompts Day 17 - Oct:PoWriMo 2016

Despite everything - floods, hurricanes, contentious election process, etc. - life goes on. My husband and I are continuing to find snippets of normal where we can as we continue to put things back together after Matthew. Writing has become a bit of a refuge for me, helping me to process the emotions and keep lists of the things that still need our attention. How are you getting along? Is the daily writing practice having any unexpected consequences? 


Quinoa Mexican Style
Photo by Amy McGrath

According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, savory is defined as: 
a :  piquantly pleasant to the mind <a savory triumph>b :  morally exemplary c :  pleasing to the sense of taste especially by reason of effective seasoningd :  pungently flavorful without sweetness

I'm including the definition because the only images I could find to go along with this prompt were food-related. Instead of using other people's pictures of food, I have chosen to share some of my favorites. (Isn't technology grand, allowing us to take photos of our food? :) )



Scorpion Roll at Oishi Sushi
Photo by Amy McGrath

Meats at Texas de Brazil
Photo by Amy McGrath
Word Prompts:
savory
edifying
pleasant
flavorful
spicy

Suggested Poetic Form: the Sonnet


Music for your Muse:
Jimmy Buffett - Cheeseburger in Paradise



Kacey Musgraves - Biscuits





Remember, our prompts are only suggestions, where you find inspiration for your poetry is up to you.
During OctPoWriMo, if you want to make sure that we know you have written something new, comment in that day's post with your link to your blog and/or share your link on Twitter with the hashtag, #OctPoWriMo.
If you would like to leave an active link in the comments:

<a href = "your link">your title</a>

You have to put the link to your post (same link you would put in the comment section) in the, "your link" space within the quotations and the title to your post in the, your title, space.

Our link would look like this:

<a href="https://poetsonthepage.blogspot.com/">OctPoWriMo</a>

Once you hit publish on your comment it would look like this (only with the name of your post):

OctPoWriMo

I hope that helps. You don't have to do this, it is only if you would like to make your link an active link.

Remember to visit two or more OctPoWriMo participants and leave encouraging and supportive words along the way.



I wish you words!
Amy McGrath

16 comments:

  1. Cheers, have wrote another post - https://ramblingsofawriter2016.com/2016/10/17/octprowrimo-day-17-english-tanka-poem-prompt-savory/

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://thoughtsandentanglements.wordpress.com/2016/10/17/hunter-moon/

    My offering for today.... I will try the sonnet and see what happens. A good week to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the nonet today, first time I think
    Precious Memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a little humorous and enjoyed it very much. Writing is a release for me too.

    https://writersdream9.wordpress.com/2016/10/17/savory-delights/

    ReplyDelete
  5. good thing we went for Japanese at lunchtime :)
    https://ladyleemanila.wordpress.com/2016/10/17/poetry-prompts-day-17-octpowrimo-2016-savoury/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Day 17! Actually posting on time today :p http://biancasbookblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/octpowrimo-day-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I decided to use the "morally exemplary" definition. Here's my post for today:
    Eradication

    ReplyDelete
  8. Day 17:
    https://saschadarlington.me/2016/10/17/butterflies-and-asters-day-17-octpowrimo/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that things will be back to normal for you and your husband soon. Hurricanes can really work a number on us, in a multitude of ways.

    I well remember Hurricane Hugo in 1989. We lived approximately 200 miles inland from the landfall. Still, it got to us and nearly killed my husband and son in an auto accident. We were very blessed...an angel was with them that day!

    Here is the link to my "savory" post...
    OctPoWriMo Day 17

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was not feeling savory. Quite the opposite. Hope you have a strong stomach. Unsavory Sonnet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Running a day late, but your prompt led me to a love poem of sorts . . . and your favorite foods are inspirational. Time to pack those suitcases! "You are savory"

    ReplyDelete
  12. https://loveacrossbridges.wordpress.com/2016/10/19/savory-day17-octpowrimo-2016-31days31poems-micropoetry

    Hi, here is the poem for prompt for Day 17 (Delayed by a day).

    and the poem for Day 18 Prompt.



    http://www.loveacrossbridges.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. https://loveacrossbridges.wordpress.com/2016/10/19/senseless-day-18-octpowrimo-2016-31days31poems/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your foodie post is making me hungry! Those photos!
    I agree with you about the importance of constructing live links. Those make visiting much simpler!
    Thanks for the prompt.
    Day 17: To Play Write - A sonnet for wordsmiths

    ReplyDelete