Sunday, October 16, 2016

Poetry Prompts Day 16 - OctPoWriMo 2016

Whenever I decide to do something new I read everything there is to read about it - gardening, writing, poetry, having babies/children and I know there is more than that but my brain is mush right now. It's been a long day and even though I had a terrific massage, my back is killing me. What are you doing this weekend as we head into the second half of our poetry journey?




Day 16 Prompt: In-depth


Possibilities:

Have you ever researched a subject to the point that you were practically a master in it and it was only a hobby?

Have you ever done anything deeply? Fallen in love, gone into business, tried something with such relentless determination that you barely came up for air?

Write for ten minutes about any of the above, discover how deeply, or not, you have dived into what stirs your passion.

Suggested poetry type: Nonet - I chose this as it seemed like it was diving down with its shape. Or, you could do a shape poem of an upside down triangle.


Word Prompts:

meticulously
assiduously
methodically
perfectly
deeply


Music for your Muse:






Yes, in the past I fell this hard.




Remember, our prompts are only suggestions, where you find inspiration for your poetry is up to you.
During OctPoWriMo, if you want to make sure that we know you have written something new, comment in that day's post with your link to your blog and/or share your link on Twitter with the hashtag, #OctPoWriMo.
If you would like to leave an active link in the comments:

<a href = "your link">your title</a>

You have to put the link to your post (same link you would put in the comment section) in the, "your link" space within the quotations and the title to your post in the, your title, space.

Our link would look like this:

<a href="https://poetsonthepage.blogspot.com/">OctPoWriMo</a>

Once you hit publish on your comment it would look like this (only with the name of your post):

OctPoWriMo

I hope that helps. You don't have to do this, it is only if you would like to make your link an active link.

Remember to visit two or more OctPoWriMo participants and leave encouraging and supportive words along the way.

Peace,
Morgan Dragonwillow
Read, Dance, Write, Repeat.


Morgan Dragonwillow, author of Wild Woman Waking & Dancing within Shadow, is a writing rebel, foodie, urban gardener, recovering perfectionist, facilitator of magical circles and poet who (mostly) doesn't let her fears get in the way of her passion for writing and creating. When she isn't working with clients, writing or dancing, you can find her encouraging and supporting her writing community at @StoryDam, #OctPoWriMo#PoetsonthePage, and  Playing with Words on her blog.
Yes she is on Google+ too!




Make sure you sign up to receive our updates, tips and prompts to share in all the poetry fun!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

12 comments:

  1. Happy days writing poetry, here's my posts - https://ramblingsofawriter2016.com/2016/10/16/octprowrimo-day-16-english-tanka-poem-prompt-in-depth/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting a jumpstart on Day 16! I do not want to be late again, and who knows what the day is going to bring. Today, I write of my amazing grown daughters - my greatest accomplishments.

    My Greatest Accomplishments

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a lovely Sunday! :)
    https://ladyleemanila.wordpress.com/2016/10/16/poetry-prompts-day-16-octpowrimo-2016-in-depth/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working. I work every weekend.
    I finally got a little rest, but these 60 hour weeks are wrecking me! I had to say "no can do" when I was called Friday to work yet more hours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is my post for today, one from my archives. I just couldn't think of anything for "in-depth".

    OctPoWriMo Day 16

    Have a blessed day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, My post for the day :-)

    http://amritapauls.blogspot.in/2016/10/with-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. So... my response is a little off topic, but all I could think of with "in-depth" was each news station screaming about their in-depth coverage of the election. Here it is:

    Runaway Train

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been writing daily - just slow updating! Here's days 14, 15 and 16: http://biancasbookblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/octpowrimo-days-14-15-and-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did a sort of double nonet, or a diamond shape: Always Moving Forward.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Day 16, my first nonet: https://saschadarlington.me/2016/10/16/an-in-depth-look-at-us/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deep thoughts. I used a throw away line as the title. Stone Rolled Away

    ReplyDelete