Sunday, September 6, 2015

Explore Your World


As the tagline for my blog lets you know, I'm a hillbilly hermit. I don't go out a lot. New people in big numbers make me nervous. Even so, one of the things I do to get my writing mojo going, is to leave the house.

*gasp* I know, very shocking.

But necessary.

When you're staring at the same four walls everyday or the variation is home/work/grocery store/home, that can be very taxing for your creativity. Take it to the streets, take a walk, go somewhere new, or even go to somewhere you love but haven't gone to in a long time.

Shake things up.

This is my advice for the next October when you're writing a poem each day and you're starting to feel drained of new ideas. When you're feeling stuck, try something different. Explore the world around you.

You're inspiration is waiting for you. Sometimes you have to look for it.


Tamara Woods was raised (fairly happily) in West Virginia where she began penning poems after a boy broke her heart. She shares poetry, short stories and writer interviews on her blog, PenPaperPad. Her writing has been featured in Mamalode, In the Powder Room, and many others. She is the editor for The Reverie Journal, which will be releasing it's first poetry collection early October. She also hosts #writestuff TweetChat where writers talk about writing every Tuesday at 9 pm EST. She is a hillbilly hermit living in Honolulu with her Mathmagician.

No comments:

Post a Comment