Thursday, October 31, 2013

OctPoWriMo Day 31 - Endings and New Beginnings

I am so happy that so many of you stuck with us and wrote poetry everyday during OctPoWriMo. It has been a pleasure working with and receiving so much help from Julie Jordan Scott, Linda Roy, Janet Parfitt, Amy McGrath, and Nimue.

Some things have to end for new things to begin


Today is the last Poetry Prompt for OctPoWriMo 2013, for those of you that wrote a poem everyday I congratulate you! Some of you have expressed sadness that this is coming to an end and the team and I decided to create Poets on the Page to continue to inspire and motivate you all year long. I hope you decide to join us.

Poetry Prompt: 

What in your life is coming to an end making way for something new? How do you handle endings, are they easy or hard? Samhain/Halloween is a time where the veil between worlds is thin and a good time to say goodbye to those that have passed in the last year, who do you need to say goodbye to? What closure do you need? Free write answering one or more of these questions.


Word Prompt:

Endings - beginnings

Shadow Poetry type, Loop Poetry

For those of you like me that will be playing catch up, you have until November 7th to link up your poetry on the prompt you're writing for.

Thank you so much for playing along with us during OctPoWriMo 2013!




8 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! I'm glad you won't be closing down once this challenge has ended!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice too if you kept this wonderful blog up as part of the Poets on the Page.

      Delete
  2. Thank you everyone. Poets are gifts to each other. This was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I have Lontana, dolcemente sospesa by Fabrizio Paterlini and in honour of the last #OCTPOWRIMO day of 2013, I have two poems. Thanks everyone for another fabulous OCTPOWRIMO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am content to know that there is a new place to offer prompts and a new community of poets to continue discovering. Perhaps I will need to open a new poetry blog at Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so so so so grateful for being a part of this wonderful place and it has given me so much that I can't thank enough and and and I am definitely going to miss it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been such a wonderful journey! I'm so glad I decided to take it on, and that you were all there with me. Thank you, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops. I submitted my link to the wrong day. I don't know how to change that. I may submit a second one for the last day.

    ReplyDelete