Friday, October 12, 2012

Poetry Prompt Day 12 - Where Passion Resides

All good poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility. ~William Wordsworth 

"Powerful feelings..." as William Wordsworth writes I believe is the basis for poetry whether it is joy, sadness, anger, or any powerful emotion that often has you vibrating with the energy of it.


I wrote a poem several years ago, in fact I don't think I even realized it was a poem, I just had this strong emotion bubbling within me and had to get it down on paper. It was a time that I was feeling very passionate about what was/is going on in the world both locally and globally. I changed the layout because it was basically a stream of consciousness in one big blob.

1/13/07

That path that leads to serenity
is not above
or below but
in front of you
                                                Into the night we strive
for autonomy to reach
into our soul and
pull out our
inner most being
                                                   stretching beyond
to see our
true self and
say here
                                                           I am
this is me
I am Divine as
I am

Whole

Complete

Beautiful
                                                  Traveling into the
                                                       darkness
seeking the light crawling
in
curling up
feeling the warmth
filling from the inside
out
bright
loving
light
                                        The Earth cries tears of lead

poisoned by our greedy indifference.
The Divine inside begins
to speak
welling up
                                         wanting a voice wanting
to be heard.
Love spreads throughout
warmth
light
                                          lips wanting to scream
Can't you feel it?
                                          The Divine reaching in
and out
                                              telling us we are
the same hold
onto each other love
one another help
each other to heal.
Reach out and keep
reaching out
until all of our hands are
                                                connected
                                                 entwined
                                                   laced
together saying

                                               We.are.one.

Prompt: Dig deep inside of you and find where your passion is residing. What pushes your buttons, what creates overwhelming feelings of emotion that beg to be put onto the page. They can be happy, sad, angry, any deep feeling, channel it into your poem.

Word Prompt: Passion

Sentence Starter: When I dig deep I feel...


Or

Speaking the words out loud brings feelings of...

Third option

Hands and heart open...

Remember to come back to link up and visit your neighbors, encouraging and supporting their endeavors. May your words flow onto the page! I.Believe.In.You!

Much love and peace,
Morgan



Thank you for sharing and recommending before you leave.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Shah! I went looking through an older jounal trying to find one that conveyed what I was trying to express and found it. Sometimes I am surprised by what I have written in tines past. Peace to you.

      Delete
  2. what beautiful words, thank you for sharing them. I wrote about digging down deeper still,and included a great song to go with it from Marc Cohn.

    http://mademorebeautiful.com/2012/10/12/deeper-still/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna! I apologize for missing this comment. I try to answer them as soon as possible. I look forward to reading your poem.

      Peace,
      Morgan

      Delete