Monday, September 17, 2012

Writing Poetry Challenge Tip 13 - Poets and Passion

As I prepare for a month of poetry I am searching for inspiration, ideas, anything to add to or expand my passions. I stumbled upon this woman, Sarah Kay, in search of more videos of poets speaking their words. She reaches into the depths to touch places within herself, exposed and beautiful, that reflect in our own eyes. May she stir your passion for poetry as she has mine.


Tip 13: Pull out a poem that you have written and experiment reading it out loud. Vary the tone, the emphasis. Does it reach deep places within you? Pour your passion into your poetry and dare to write your truth onto the page. 


We are less than two weeks away from the beginning of this challenge. I hope you are seeing the many possibilities your poetry can flow onto the page. If you haven't signed up yet and would like to join us in this wondrous opportunity to explore the world of poetry, please do.

A place to discover poems of Love, Life, Truth, Passion
Discover how to read your poetry out loud. Poetry 180

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, YES! I love the idea of reading poetry ALOUD, and as a performance poet I can truly say once you get into it... it will hold on to your heart. :~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am committing to finding a place that has an Open Mic night for me to read out loud my poetry in October.

      Thanks for sharing word love!

      Delete
  2. Sarah Kay's poem really got me in the mood to write some poetry! Great tip! Can't wait for October to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you Sarah! Glad that it stirred your imagination. I know I am getting excited to begin as well. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete