Saturday, September 8, 2012

Poetry Challenge - Tip 5

Getting ready for a month long poetry challenge can also be about where you write your poems and how comfortable and inspiring it is for you.

I have a very special place in my home where I write. I call it my writing sanctuary and within that room is what I call my writing station. It is a tall, rolling, kitchen island. I love it because I like to move a lot when I am writing. I have a bar stool that I use and often move it back so that I can stand and bebop while I write. 

Being comfortable is an important aspect to writing poetry. Your environment is going to affect how you feel and whether it inspires you to write or stifles you. Look around you environment and see how it feels. Is there chaos that needs to be tidied and organized so that when you begin your month long poetry journey you can put your focus on your poetry?

Tip 5:  Think about where you would like to write and what helps your imagination the most. Take care of your environment and create a cozy, inviting, and inspiring area for you to write your poetry in if that would help your words flow onto the page.

How you feel about where you are writing can make all the difference in the world.

Check out where other famous writers have spent there hours writing in The Importance of Place: Where Writers Write and Why.

No comments:

Post a Comment